Old 06-04-2003, 11:57 AM
Kay Easton

Default "Why not eat insects?" - was Which tree and where?

In article , Nick Maclaren
writes
In article ,
Kay Easton wrote:
In article , Mary Fisher
writes

In this context, tThe purpose of soup as a first course is to fill you up
with something that costs almost nothing to make.

Like Yorkshire pudding ;-)

I was going to say that! But I didn't because Nick might have said that it
needs an egg so could come under the heading of a luxury food rather than
soup made with onion skins and woody parsnips!

I dunno! - the egg would have come from your own chickens, whereas you
probably had to buy the flour.

In the country and suburbia, yes, but not in cities! You could get
dried egg easily enough, but it is almost useless to use for cooking.
I know some people succeeded with it, but most didn't.

Really? I used it for quite a while with no problem - maybe because I
didn't know it was difficult ;-)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: