Old 01-06-2008, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Domestic cats troubles

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

| | Where can I buy collar dove to try it? It's not game, is it? I'd
have
| | thought there'd be very little meat on even a brace.
|
| Dunno. I shot them. It has about as much to eat as a small
partridge,
| and a lot more than a quail.
|
| I asked our game dealer this morning, he said that he doesn't sell them
| because they've been protected for a few years. I can't find any
information
| on that except in Northern Ireland. Seems a bit odd ....

Bloody twitcher propaganda, lies and finger into the legislation,
again!

That was an unnecessarily bad mannered comment, you don't know the man.

No, they are not protected, any more than wood pigeons are - and they
AREN'T in decline in the UK, according to the official figures -

He didn't claim that they were in decline.

However, it is illegal to sell them, at any time, as it is for all
of the 'pest' species except wood pigeons.

That could be what he meant, in fact he did say that he couldn't display
them. There was a queue.

Mary