Old 01-06-2008, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardeners World presenter?

On Sat, 31 May 2008 23:12:38 +0100, Anne Jackson wrote:

You went off on a 'DVD tangent' after you proposed your show format,
though!

Thinking on my keys... B-) As much as many here would like a good, hands
on, practical gardening programme it reality that isn't going to hit the
broadcast screens unless it's on a minority channel at 0330 Sunday
morning. The next to useless, instant makeover, life style, pap wins the
mass audience.

What would *you* propose in this instance?

Viewers questions? You'd have three months to organise it... G

Yep, I'd go with that or some other "audience involement" maybe a visit to
someones garden/allotment to see how things suggested in the programme
have worked, or not(*), in the real world.

(*)And if not an explanation of why not. That is far better learning
experience than just watching everything go as planned.

--
Cheers
Dave.