Old 01-06-2008, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Food for Thought!

"NaomiH" wrote in message

Hi I am very new to this whole forum thing so please make me aware if I
breach any protocols that I am not aware of!

I am a uni student trying to gather data for my disseration so hoping
you may take the time to answer my below survey. What I am attempting
to establish is what drives people to grow their own food and for those
who do not what could be done to encourage them to, therefore reducing
food miles and reducing land demand. Before I can look at what
governmental strategies could be put in place I need something to
analyse so would appreciate any responses. Thank you kindly.

1) Where do you live? (Town & County)

Town

2) Please highlight any within 15 minutes walking distance of where you
live:

Local Convenience Store / Woodland / Working Farm / Farmers Market

3) Is the property where you live rented or owned?: OWNED

4) Does the property have a garden? YES /

5) Have you ever considered using an allotment? YES /

6) Is it possible to dedicate some of the garden to growing food and
still allow you suitable space to meet your social needs? YES /

8) Do you garden? YES /

9) Please highlight any of the following that you grow:

Flowers / Fruit / Vegetables / Herbs / Maintain Fruiting Trees

10) If YES please highlight your reason for doing so:

/ To Ensure Organic / Tastes Better / To Be Self Sufficient /

12) What would encourage you to grow food/more food?

Bigger grden

13) Are you male or female? / FEMALE

14) What is your working status?:

Retired /