Old 01-06-2008, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Domestic cats troubles

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

| Bloody twitcher propaganda, lies and finger into the legislation,
| again!
|
| That was an unnecessarily bad mannered comment, you don't know the man.

I wasn't referring to him - he was a victim of it. There is so much
systematic misinformation on this matter that it is hard to believe
any other explanation than a loose conspiracy to deceive.

| No, they are not protected, any more than wood pigeons are - and they
| AREN'T in decline in the UK, according to the official figures -
|
| He didn't claim that they were in decline.

Someone else in this thread did.

| However, it is illegal to sell them, at any time, as it is for all
| of the 'pest' species except wood pigeons.
|
| That could be what he meant, in fact he did say that he couldn't
display
| them. There was a queue.

Ah. Actually, he would be breaking the law even if he sold them.

He doesn't.

The queue demanded his time, I couldn't expect him to go into more details.

Mary