Old 01-06-2008, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Radish Problem: All leaves no radishes

On 29 May, 14:11, wrote:
I sowed seed directly in to compost in big pots well over a month ago,
but the plants have only produced a profusion of leaves and no radish.
They have also started to produce flower buds too! What have I done
wrong? Is it perhaps that I didn't thin them out enough?
I've read that you can eat the leaves, so maybe I'll have to give up
on the radishes themselves.

Did you thined them down a bit - they like a lot of room to form their
delicious roots (I usually eat there and then the ones I pull out).
They need watering well - once they dry out they don't cope so well.
But you can try again, don't give up - I'm just about to sow some -
you can do this until end of June for some radish end of summer. Don't
let them go dry, ever.