Old 31-05-2008, 09:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Cym Fifi

What I was trying to say in a roundabout way Kathy, is that my madidum may
not be the species madidum as it doesn't look
like the flower in J Pfahl's orchidpedia.
Cheers Wendy
"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
'Harry' is the only awarded clone of Fifi. I guess it got an Award of
Quality back in 1964. Usually AQs are given for new ideas in breeding.
Mostly I recognize a madidum cross for having long pendant inflorescences
with a lot of space between the blooms. I'll ask around to see if Fifi
was awarded for this trait. Or for having clear colors. Kinda funny that
England Rose put the spots back onto the lip.

"Wendy7" wrote in message
I could handle that!
I was just going to post this one of Cym Fifi 'Harry' along with Cym
madidum.
Dave down under made a comment about madidum being in the cross.
I have since looked at pics of Cym. madidum & they are not like mine.
Dang!
Cheers Wendy (who gets more mind boggled every day)

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Oakland just gave an HCC to a Fifi hybrid...iirc its Cym. England Rose
(crossed with Western Movie. How's *that* for a moniker?)
http://www.aospacificcentral.org sorry you'll have to follow the links
Oakland and May 19, 2008.

K Barrett

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Cymbidium Fifi 'Harry' a lovely pendulous one.
Cheers Wendy