Old 06-04-2003, 03:23 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Inexpensive vegetable seed source?

Steve Wertz wrote:
Seedless watermelons are a freak of nature, sythentically derrived.

Syntetically derived? Really? Grown in a lab? Or perhaps you men selective
breeding?

I guess that would make them a non-fruit according to Vic's
definition.

Please don't call me Vic. You can call me Victor or Dr. Martinez, your choice.

Either way, the banana tree is considered a herb, and the fruits from
such tree would be a seed of a herb, much like corriander or anise.

No, the banana is a berry. Do your research.

I do stand by the fact that bananas do not have seeds, and that
bananas defy any fruitolgy.

They have seeds, sterile seeds but seeds nevertheless. Next time you eat one,
look at the core. See those brown spots? Seeds.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv