Old 02-06-2008, 01:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Tom J Tom J is offline

Default Tomato Plants - How long from seedlings to harvesting?

beccabunga wrote:
Freedom_Spark;795507 Wrote:
Hi again, the plants I started from seed a few months back are
doing
well, no tomatoes as yet tho, I also have four plants I bought
quite
young, the flowers are out on three of those & the tomatoes are
starting to grow on the fourth. However, I started some gardeners
delight seeds as an insurance policy (it's my first time growing
tomatoes)I thought that only two or three would germinate, like my
last attempt, however the whole tray sprouted & I now have about 16
extra plants, is there any possibility they will grow to the stage
required to produce tomatoes this summer? What is the usual time
frame from seedling to harvesting?

Thanks

Yes - you will certainly get fruit this year. Get them into growbags
or the ground as soon as possible, feed weekly, and you will be
inundated with tomatoes. With 20 plants you will probably be begging
people to take them.

With 20 plants, there won't be a neighbor left that will speak by the
end of the season!! :-)