Old 02-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Peter Rhodes Peter Rhodes is offline
Registered User

Default Covering/Removing a Lawn

Hi,

I have moved into a new house (new to me - NOT new) and the back lawn is a disaster, it is more like a field, lumpy, big clogs, uneven etc. No amount of cutting will make it good.

I want to convert the area into a sitdown, barbacue area with a pergala or similar structure. It has a good border area with well established trees and bushes but I need to make it more habital.

I am no expert so I am unsure if I need to take the lawn up and throw it or simply cover it with "something" and then cover with gravel, flags or paving etc. I have no desire to have a lawn, the area I need is for sitting and visitors etc. I am looking to have borders or small rock garden areas etc.

The garden is about 12 metres by 10 meters.

Thanks in advance

Peter Rhodes