Old 02-06-2008, 12:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Two sprinkers: connect in sereis or parallel?

Ajanta wrote:
I have a lawn geometry that is best handled with two sprinklers.

Would it best to connect them in series (faucet to 1st sprinkler and
then 2nd sprinkler to the 1st one), or parallel (put a Y splitter at
the faucet and connect both sprinklers independently by separate
hoses)?

If you use a Y splitter, make sure you get one with full sized
passages. Some of them have tiny passages that restrict the flow even
more than it would be just from using the splitter.

This one
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...68-143-PP25001
works well and is cheap but doesn't have individual valves.

This one
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=248108-306-AY2FFMGF&lpage=none
also works well and has individual valves. Note that Gilmour makes
several other y connectors that either restrict the flow or that are
plastic and in my experience leak, so make sure you get the right one.

All of the y connectors that I found at Home Depot restrict the flow
except for one labelled "Goodyear" that busted on me after about 2
hours of use.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)