Old 02-06-2008, 03:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ajanta Ajanta is offline

Default Two sprinkers: connect in sereis or parallel?

J. Clarke wrote:

: If you use a Y splitter, make sure you get one with full sized
: passages. Some of them have tiny passages that restrict the flow even
: more than it would be just from using the splitter.
:
: This one
:
: http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...468-143-PP2500
: 1
: works well and is cheap but doesn't have individual valves.
:
: This one
:
: http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...48108-306-AY2F
: FMGF&lpage=none
: also works well and has individual valves. Note that Gilmour makes
: several other y connectors that either restrict the flow or that are
: plastic and in my experience leak, so make sure you get the right one.
:
: All of the y connectors that I found at Home Depot restrict the flow
: except for one labelled "Goodyear" that busted on me after about 2
: hours of use.

Thanks to everyone. This is very helpful. I'll remember to get one with
individual valves for each line.

One more thing: Our tap is not at the edge of the lawn itself but some
distance away. So instead of putting the Y connector at the tap itself,
I could save some hose length by running one hose to the edge of the
lawn and put a Y connector there. Any problems with that?