Old 02-06-2008, 05:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] callenmolenda@yahoo.com is offline

Default Time to transplant D. Formosa

Hello all,

Long time no see! We recently moved into a new house and I have a
very large dicentra formosa in a side garden that gets full sun all
day, and is in very poor soil. It bloomed beautifully in spring and
continues to bloom now, and the foliage is lovely. However, I read
that it really should be in partial shade and in decent soil. I plan
to transplant it as soon as possible, I guess when it goes dormant
(sometime in fall?). Does anyone have experience with this? I have
never had one before. I'm in Central Virginia, zone 7a.

Thanks in advance,
Callen in VA