Old 02-06-2008, 01:58 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default sharpening lawn mower blades

"Bob" wrote in message

"news" wrote in message
news
I apologize if this has been brought up before, but its new
to me. My neighbor just discovered that you can do a
great job of sharpening lawn mower blades with those
cheap hand held knife sharpeners...the ones that wrap
around your hand and you draw your knife through it.
They cost around 5:00 bucks, but they do a great job
on the blades

To each his own, but a "great job", I doubt.
Bob-tx

My thought exactly. But then I saw a guy checking out of the garden center
at a KMart last week - with a new blade - he had the old one with him to
match up. The old one had never been sharpened and wasn't really all that
dull. Plus he paid a lot ($15) for the new blade. I had just bought 3 JD
blades for a mower deck for $20 with a coupon off their website.