Old 02-06-2008, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Peas and Mice

I had very poor germination from a row of peas. On other allotments
people have had trouble with mice eating the peas.
My father-in-law used to soak peas in paraffin before planting.
On enquiry our local Handyman's shop only sells paraffin in 4 litre
containers for about £5.

Without asking DEFRA, what else can I use to treat my second sowing?
Jeyes Fluid, Meths, White spirit? (I've got all those)
Will any of these things deter the mice and not taint the peas or
prevent germination?
Any other tips?

Pam in Bristol