Old 02-06-2008, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara Klara is offline

Default Fox during the day?

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2/6/08 16:08, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 15:32:11 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 2/6/08 15:14, in article
,
"mogga" wrote:

A bit OTT I know - but I've never seen the fox during the day. It's
just done a daring daylight raid taking all the bread that was on the
floor before legging it.

Is it very abnormal to see them during the day?

Unusual but it does happen. I've seen them dash across a lane here a few
times and Ray tells me there used to be a big old dog fox that sat at the
top of the field behind us, just watching everyone.

There used to be an old one that wondered around the car park where I worked.
It and others lived under a wooden prefab building.

There's a spinney at the top of the back field and a large pine wood a bit
further away, so I imagine they like those for shelter.

We see them all the time these days. Yesterday we saw our first

hedgehog in the garden after some 20 years or mo great celebration!
This afternoon my husband looked out of the window to see the fox
galloping off with what looked very much like a rolled-up hedgehog :-(((

--
Klara, Gatwick basin