Old 02-06-2008, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Fox during the day?

On 2/6/08 20:39, in article , "cineman"
wrote:

"Mogga" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:05:21 +0100, "'Mike'" wrote:

"mogga" wrote in message
news A bit OTT I know - but I've never seen the fox during the day. It's
just done a daring daylight raid taking all the bread that was on the
floor before legging it.

Is it very abnormal to see them during the day?
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

SNIP

We have had foxes living just over the fence at the bottom of our garden
for nearly 30 years, the hedgerow is bordering a school playing field, but
was a market garden and nursery before that. normally only see them at
night when they set security light off strolling down the garden.

Last year my wife and I wandered down the garden and found a young fox lying
on the gravel enjoying the sun, when we got within 8 foot of him/her it
jumped the fence into next doors and proceeded to lay on the slabs beside
their pond and soak up the sun, stayed there for some time until one of our
dogs barked for attention, and calmly strolled off and over the fence at the
bottom. Hows that for cheek.

Or mange? ;-( It slows them down, makes them less swiftly responsive. I
hope I'm wrong.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk