Old 03-06-2008, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Rainy, grey, grey, sun, grey, rainy etc.

On 2/6/08 23:44, in article
, "Dave
Poole" wrote:

On late Saturday afternoon, the forecast 'showers' fell as torrential
cloudbursts on Bovey Tracey, Newton Abbot and surrounding areas
causing some serious short term flooding. Here in Torbay, just a few
miles further south on the coast, it remained sunny and stickily warm
throughout the weekend with temperatures a good 5C or 6C above those
forecast for the region. Apparently, this current, unusually wet
continental weather will give way to Atlantic (normally wet) weather
towards the end of the week. In other words, another UK summer!

Our butcher lives about 2 miles from here, if that, as the crow flies. He
said his lawn was so water logged that his dogs (Springer Spaniels) were up
to their stomachs in water. Here, we had stair rods for about 15 minutes
and then it stopped.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk