Old 03-06-2008, 08:06 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Two sprinkers: connect in sereis or parallel?

In article
,
Sheldon wrote:

On Jun 2, 2:03?am, Ajanta wrote:
I have a lawn geometry that is best handled with two sprinklers.

Would it best to connect them in series (faucet to 1st sprinkler and
then 2nd sprinkler to the 1st one), or parallel (put a Y splitter at
the faucet and connect both sprinklers independently by separate
hoses)?

If you had an automatic irrigation system you may have six to a dozen
heads on each zone, all in series. With two sprinklers, unless you
have very low pressure and volume, I doubt it would make a lick of
difference how connected... only one way to know, try it each way. I
would probably use the Y connection only so I'd have a valve for each
sprinkler, you probably don't want them each to operate exactly the
same. With auto sprinkler heads they are individually adjustable but
not so with standard garden sprinklers. Often with only two sprinkler
locations it's best to run one sprinkler at a time rather than both
together. And it's more important to choose the right sprinkler for
the job... you might need a different kind of sprinkler for each of
your two sectors. Anyway, how difficult can it be to try a few
different arrangements... hmm, now I'm wondering if you are capable of
showering yourself.

Shelly with his brown colored glasses on;o))
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars