Old 03-06-2008, 09:15 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matildapuddycat View Post
Hi Everyone

I posted this in the general gardening forum but think it might be better in regional.

I've recently returned from the US to UK and have forgotten how crap the weather is LOL but I'm still happy to be home! I have a very small garden and have spent a small fortune on pots and flowers to go in it, I live in Surrey and we have had nasty damp weather for a couple of weeks with very little periods of drying out, most of the flowers in my garden seem to be rotting, the plant itself looks fine but the flower part is gunky and rotted.......could this be due to the nasty weather. The main victims are geraniums, dianthus, petunias and calendula.

Thanks for your help.

Matilda
Take off all the flowers - they have been rotted by the rain. So long as the plant has decent drainage, new flower heads will be made, so make sure the pots are clear of the ground so that they can drain. Are the plants' leaves looking ok?