Old 03-06-2008, 04:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Mike Mike is offline

Default Difficulty germinating Licorice

"Billy" wrote in message
In article 5qX0k.938$0O1.559@trnddc07, "Mike" wrote:

There's a Holland -American store near me that has a huge selection of
Licorice items, in fact a whole isle is devoted to everything Licorice.

I think it is as Henriette said, only available in Finland. My friend
has a Finnish sister-in-law and she brings him real licorice when she
visits.
--
Billy

I don't know how medicinal the quality of licorice extract present in
Finnish or Dutch licorice would compare. Though I read that nederlanders per
capita are the world's number one consumer of licorice products, and from
the variety of drops made I wouldn't doubt it.

Two brands I would recommend: Kokindjs or Cat's Paws.
http://holland-shopping.com/shop/ima...ndjes_250g.jpg
http://www.dcimports.com/katkatcatpaw.html