Old 03-06-2008, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John E[_2_] John E[_2_] is offline

Default Recommendation for an effective garden sprayer

On 2008-06-02 16:51:52 +0100, "John E" said:

Sounds like you might get a replacement sprayer under warranty -- try
calling Hozelock on 0121 313 1122. Others have found them very good at
repairing/replacing, even beyond the warranty period. It could be
something as small as a corroded 'O' ring, especially if you have left
liquid in the bottle for a long time, and these are an easy DIY repair -
see http://www.hozelock.com/uploads/pdf/SPRAYER-SPARES.pdf

As for your tomatoes, I don't know anyone who had a good tomato crop last
year so nil desperandum.

Except the greenhouse growers, would you not agree ?

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Apparently not. If you look at one of the forums about last year's disaster
(http://www.cottagesmallholder.com/?p=366), there are a few people there
posting about problems in greenhouses. Specifically:

"Dave on July 23rd, 2007
Blight in the greenhouse tommymatoes..what despair after the most massive
boasting to all and sundry about my wonderful crop.. but what should I do
about disinfecting my greenhouse after removing plants and gro-bags?..please
help if you can..also what about the tommys.. those that seem crummy have
been disposed of..are the rest ok to use ?
From a very smallholder "

Good luck,

John