Old 03-06-2008, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Micro irrigation

Yuri wrote:
Have been given a kit for the greenhouse whilst on hols. Previous owner
couldn't make it work and neither can I. It comprises a pressure reducer
joint, black tubing and a number of plastic drippers and joints. The
problem is that when connected up the flow at the ends of the pipes is a
steady drip but this tapers off the nearer to the reducer joint you get.
If you adjust the flow for a consistent drip close to the joint the
steady drip tuns into a steady stream at the ends of the network. Have
tried varying the pressure but with no success. Can anyone offer any help?

Is there a big change in level? The main problem I had with mine using
captured rainwater was mozzie larvae clogging the jets. This was
resolved by putting a piece of old tights across the pump inlet.

Worth looking to see if some of the jets are blocked or clogged. Usually
the drip rate gets weaker the further you are from the reducer.

Regards,
Martin Brown