Old 03-06-2008, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
robert robert is offline

Default What to do with empty large garden ?

In message , Pete C
writes
Joe Shmoe wrote:
Hi folks.
snippy

Oh, I could dig a really large pond if I had a garden like that!

Agreed - a good size pond would be a must for me (I have spent several
hours during the last two days watching blue damselflies emerging from
ours).

A wildlife area adjacent to the pond would be good but to produce
something that has a reasonable balance of plants for shade and full sun
areas and a mix of annuals and perennials does take a bit of time. If
you are interested in going down this route a worthwhile investment is
Chris Baines' 'How to make a wildlife garden', or Natural England's
series of free guides at http://tinyurl.com/62jb7n
(Http://preview.tinyurl.com/62jb7n if you want the TinyUrl preview
version).

--
Robert