Old 03-06-2008, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Rainy, grey, grey, sun, grey, rainy etc.

On 3/6/08 13:22, in article , "Granity"
wrote:

'Sacha[_3_ Wrote:
]

Our butcher lives about 2 miles from here, if that, as the crow flies.
He
said his lawn was so water logged that his dogs (Springer Spaniels)
were up
to their stomachs in water. Here, we had stair rods for about 15
minutes
and then it stopped.

--
Sacha

Don't worry Sacha, I've ordered 2 weeks of sun for the Southwest
starting on Saturday, as I'm on hols in Cornwall for 2 weeks :-))

Call in if you come up the A38 - you can have a *Devon* cream tea! Now I
know it's going to be perfect weather, I'll order more strawberries, too.
;-))
Actually, today is lovely. We had lunch with friends in Salcombe whose
house overlooks the sea and they have a fantastic garden of just under an
acre. They are really terrific gardeners. It is a mass of colour and you
look down into a canopy of tree ferns from the balcony as it's an upside
down house. Lampranthus and Lychnis were flowering wildly and we were pale
green with envy to see the Aeoniums flourishing outside. But it was very
hard - for me - to beat the sea sparkling away and lots of little boats with
sails set, flying along at a cracking pace.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk