Old 03-06-2008, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default What to do with empty large garden ?

On 3/6/08 17:42, in article , "Pete C"
wrote:

Joe Shmoe wrote:
Hi folks.
snippy

Oh, I could dig a really large pond if I had a garden like that!

Definitely - a pond is the answer to most gardening problems. Just don't
put it right under trees. The most important thing for the OP to decide is
how he's going to use his garden and where thefamily will sit to eat or have
a drink or barbecue etc. Does there need to be a washing line, dog run,
room for dustbins, a veg patch, compost heap, sandpit, paddling pool?
Is a lawn essential or would stone paths between flower beds be more
suitable? Does he want a paved area for a child to learn to ride a bike on
and so forth. Planting two or three fruit trees is a lovely idea and
perhaps planting a couple that will give shade to people sitting outside
would help, too.
As always, I advocate visiting gardens open to the public, both large and
small and getting some ideas in your area.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk