Old 06-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Frogleg

Default Court/HOA pounds lady over Wildscape

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 15:28:16 GMT, animaux
wrote:

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 01:11:02 GMT, C. Hurst wrote:

The ultimate in biological terrorism...a ticked -off neighbor with a
sack of dandelion seeds

To which that attacked neighbor will apply herbicides and the beat goes on.

One would think that devoted, or even interested gardeners would be a
gentlefolk. Yet so many of the posts here are of revenge, attack,
lawsuit, "getting back at." Of course there are always Noxious
Neighbors who blight one's gardens and neighborhoods, but I hopefully
think most aren't driven by malicious intent. A few errant dandelions
can escalate into a shotgun attack in today's climate. Why make
someone else's life miserable because you feel you are wronged? Why
escalate confrontation? ['though I'm all in favor of eschewing
obfuscation.] *Why* does someone have a washing machine in their yard?
Is it because they can't afford to have it hauled away? Surely not, or
at least seldom, that they regard it as an ornament to their
landscape. *Talk* to people. *Tell* them what your objections are, and
listen to their response. Offer to help. Explain exactly why their
habits annoy you or are contrary to local regs, and that you'd rather
speak personally than call the Weed Police. Or torch their trees and
poison their animals.