Old 03-06-2008, 08:07 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
DKat DKat is offline

Default settling clay silt

When I pulled out my plants to feed them I decided they needed some more
'soil'. All I had on had was some white clay I was going to recycle from
pottery and thought what the hey - I should say I didn't think at all. Long
story short my pond now looks like milk and it has been quite a few days
with no signs of settling out. The fish could care less but I would like
something a little less... artificial looking. What can I add to the water
that will not hurt the fish and plants but that will help precipitate out
the silt? Donna

P.S. Nice to have the room back