Old 04-06-2008, 03:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bubba[_2_] Bubba[_2_] is offline

Default wildflower ID please

I did a lot of research on the web. (What did we do before the internet?) I
found out that my mystery flower is an american water willow (Justicia
americana). It's nice to see a native species growing along a stream. Thanks
to all who looked.

"Bubba" wrote in message
. ..
These flowers are growing in the water along the bank of the Flint River
in central Georgia and are in bloom now. They are growing in clumps. The
plants average about 24" in height. The foliage is visible in the photo.
The flowers attract bees, butterflies, skippers, etc. Does anyone know
what this flower is? Thanks.