Old 06-04-2003, 05:33 PM
Chris Lee

Default Ground elder & plants to grow with it

"Kay Easton" a écrit dans le message de news:
In article , Nick Maclaren
writes

It would be extremely interesting to see a botanical/horticultural book
on weed issues in the UK, describing the circumstances under which
particular species are likely to be a pest. There is a lot more to
this topic than most people realise.

There was a mini-thread in urg a few years ago on what 'weeds' people
had most trouble with. It's not just native species, of course, it's
also the invasive introductions (himalayan balsam, japanese knowtweed,
Rhododendron ponticum) and even the more robust garden plants - Sacha
has laid herself open to us N gardeners by expressing a desire for
Alchemilla mollis. And od other gardens uproot wholesale aquilegia and
Malva moschata?

Aquilegia will never be a weed in our garden, but not because of the soil -
a little highly choosy caterpillar eats it to the ground. I should mention
that the climate just south of Paris is nearly but not quite OT.

Regards

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: