Old 04-06-2008, 07:07 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
[email protected] plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com is offline

Default why not one name for all-- stolon, rhizomes, runners; strawberries

So clover calls it stolon and brome grass calls it rhizomes and
strawberries call it runners.

Why not just call them all one name of rhizomes.

Now I plan to experiment on the strawberry rhizomes as to how to
maximize both fruit
and number of plants.

By the way, the best thing I ever did with my strawberries was put
them in huge pots
so that I can control them always. I also lined the ground with used-
sheet metal so
as to keep out the weeds between the pots. The leaves on my
strawberries are just
tremendous huge and deep green and each plant has handfulls of berries
coming.

Also I want to experiment on topsoils for these strawberries. I have
the notion that
the topsoil from wooded areas is the finest topsoil because of the
mycorrhiza (a good
spelling-be word). So that
is a interesting experiment to see if the woods topsoil is better than
the grassland
plains topsoil.

I am acting as a sort of strawberry selector, so that the plants that
deliver good fruit,
I reward them with getting more of that plant and providing with more
fertilizer.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium