Old 04-06-2008, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
dr dr is offline

Default being a good wife :-)

Kate Morgan wrote:

Husband muttering about how much petrol he is using to mow the lawns, I
offered to use a push mower to do the smaller ones, he didn't laugh but I
got the impression that he didn't think it was a good idea, I went off
muttering about how some of us could use the exercise-------- I still
think its a good idea can anyone recommend a cheapish push mower ?

kate

I bought a Qualcast panther recently, about ~£35 ish I think, thus far it's
been great. So light you lift with one hand, put it on the ground and push,
no leads, no petrol no worries. The cut has been superb (though this is a
brand new blade of course) and it's just so easy.

One small note, it does jam easily on the smallest twigs, and the box isn't
great for collecting the cuttings. I tend to use it now without the box,
and then rake it's faster than keep stopping. I can now do the front lawn
in a fraction of the time it took to use the electric hover.

Duncan