Old 06-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Pat Meadows

Default garden journals?

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 11:58:23 +1200, Kelvyn
wrote:

Can anyone suggest a freeware garden journal/diary ? Have done a thorough
search but have come up with nothing so far....
Thanks..in advance.
kelvyn.

Not freeware, I couldn't find any nice freeware for this
purpose either.

But for $20, you can get MyGardenJournal which is a very
nice little program that has a journal, weather log, seed
and plant inventory, and various other features. I like
this program, it's a sweet little program.

http://www.mygardenjournal.com

You can download it and try it for 30 days to see if you
like before registering it (paying for it). The trial
version has full functionality.

I am also using a different type of program called
'SeedPlanner'. It's more of a scheduling program, plus a
database of growing information for various plants. I think
this is EXTREMELY useful and I'm very happy with it. It
costs $30, and the trial version has very limited
functionality - but enough to let you know if you want to
pay for it or not.

http://www.seedplanner.com

For people who can remember when to sow each successive
planting of five varieties of lettuce, for instance, so as
to have a continuous harvest of the different types,
SeedPlanner probably wouldn't be very useful. But I forget
these things. SeedPlanner is extremely useful for me.

It also has a very useful database of information on growing
many plants: seed-pretreatment, sowing conditions, various
other information.

Pat