Old 04-06-2008, 05:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
©anadian Ponder[_2_] ©anadian Ponder[_2_] is offline

Default Killing frogs

Pond Addict wrote:
I think they had some stuffed snail appetizer/entree that they put in
the shells. Hard to say for certain because I was always in the back
room and never ate there, but that would be my guess.

I always thought it was bizarre that they'd "recycle" something left
on a customer's plate, but I guess they viewed the shells as serving
dishes. The problem was that, oddly enough, the automatic dishwasher
wasn't made to wash the inside of snail shells.

Dave

The snail shells are actually bought and used as serving utensils.

Those shells come from fairly large snails and are not the size that are
actually served which come from a can and then stuffed into the large
reusable shells.