Old 04-06-2008, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)[_2_] Cat(h)[_2_] is offline

Default Old garden tools

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 19:45:30 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
I've just come across this delightful website, which appears to rent
out old garden tools as props.
My personal favourite is the glass cucumber straightener.
Although the berry picker is a dead ringer for those (made of wood and
metal) which we used to go pick wild blueberries (myrtilles) when we
were kids.

http://www.oldgardentools.co.uk/prophire.aspx

Cat(h)

It is delightful (saved) but I use some of the items.

I'm not surprised you do. Good quality tools will last a long while,
and old, well worn handles feel lovely in the hand. My Dad used to
have a fab hoe, and an equally wonderfully scythe, which are both
still used by my brother - the latter to cut the meadow grass in the
upper part of his very steep garden.

And Spouse MAKES skeps! They didn't need to be lifted by a stone for the
bees to enter or exit ... he's made several for museums and films.

That's a lovely skill. And another word for my vocabulary :-)

Cat(h) (skep, that is)