Old 05-06-2008, 12:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default -OT Political observations

Jangchub wrote in
:

People don't like the Clinton's, but the "Clinton's" are
not running for president, Hillary is. She won by popular
vote. Our voting system is archaic and needs a major
overhaul. I do not think Obama has what it takes to be the
president.

i didn't dislike Bill Clinton & i think the whole "scandal"
thing was stupid, but Hillary is NOT Bill and she's NOT
presidential material. i'm glad she finally woke up &
conceeded. she did not have the popular vote (unless you count
FL & MI, where no one else ran against her, & don't count the
caucus states) either. she also couldn't have possibly won
against McCain, & that is the important part. she may have had
a good Democratic base, but the independant & swing voters
disliked her. if you look at the polls, a Clinton vs McCain
race was always quite solidly won by McCain, whereas an
Obama/McCain match is much closer & leans to Obama.
if the Democrats had run Clinton, it would have allowed the
Dems to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...
i have no issues with Hillary as a person & i think she's a
decent senator for NY, but as president? no way! she's Bush jr
in a dress. delusions of power & all.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair