Old 05-06-2008, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ornata Ornata is offline
Registered User

Default Garden open (maybe)

On 4 Jun, 20:58, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 23:01:12 +0100, "someone"
wrote:

It has been raining steadily (like 3" water in wheelbarrow) all day, and
nearby villages are flooded. *Four days to go until "Gardens Open" day and
mine looks like Glastonbury field.

Good thing I don't have flowers, only plants, har-har. *OTOH I'm not sure
even they'll survive with all this rain.

Still, mustn't grumble, I have a Colocasia esculenta and they live in water
in ditches, so maybe it will be happy!

You've never said where these gardens are! *Any clues as to the
*precise* location?
--
Paul C

In my experience Colocasia need a lot of warmth as well as water in
order to grow properly. Last summer we had more than enough rain but
the plants stayed small; two years ago in baking sunshine they put on
some decent growth.