Old 05-06-2008, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Elderflower cordial

On 5/6/08 12:08, in article
, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

| My knowledge of chemistry is limited, but I have replaced citric acid
| in lemon juice in several recipes, very successfully.
|
| I never use citric acid, lemon juice is more than adequate. After all,
what
| is the acid in lemons?
|
| :-)

Not all citric :-)

No, but so what? In this recipe any acid could be used (if you know what
you're doing and understand acids). Lemons add flavour as well as acid(s).

Mary

In the recipe I give you use lemons *and* acid.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk