Old 05-06-2008, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Wisteria

"Tony" wrote in message
I have just bought a Wisteria , its about 7ft tall and quite busy
Any advice on planting and after care would be most appreciated
I know I could look on the net but prefer tried and tested idea methods
Many thanks in advance

I planted mine in the corner at the back of the garage. I fixed 3 trellis
panels to each of the east and south facing walls of the garage. The first 2
years, allow it to cover the target area. Tie were necessary and prune where
it extends outside the t/area.

Dec 2009 prune back to 4 buds. Following month prune back to 2 buds. This
Winter pruning is essential for flower growth. Mines about 7 years old now,
here's a pic taken a couple of weeks ago of spec 'Burford'
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=91beb42d.pbw

Bertie