Old 05-06-2008, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
dr dr is offline

Default Old garden tools

Cat(h) wrote:

I've just come across this delightful website, which appears to rent
out old garden tools as props.
My personal favourite is the glass cucumber straightener.
Although the berry picker is a dead ringer for those (made of wood and
metal) which we used to go pick wild blueberries (myrtilles) when we
were kids.

http://www.oldgardentools.co.uk/prophire.aspx

Cat(h)

I do like old tools, but I was horrified at the Malvern show at how many
stalls are now selling old refurbished tools, and how much they were asking
for them. There was an excellent how, with a blade as sharp as any knife,
beautiful handle, but it was £30. Far too much for me ended up buying a
brand new lightweight model for £7.

I have to say the "Finger Shears" made me wince a bit, is that what they use
when the under gardeners aren't pulling their weight ?

Duncan