Old 06-06-2008, 12:43 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Default Mower problems

Dioclese wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
I have a Craftsman mower with a 6.5 hp B&S motor.

It didn't want to start this season. It has good fresh fuel and I
tried a new plug.
When I pull the cord there is nothing. When I pulled the plug it was
wet so I assumed that was the problem. DIdn't help either.
I sprayed starting fluid and it fired and ran for a moment until the
spray went away. If it was electrical it would not have run. Since
it ran on the starter fluid, it must be the carb,,, right? I am
assuming that maybe a jet is plugged. Am I heading down he right
path?

Thanks

Wet spark plug spells either too much gas, OR, not enough air. Clean and
oil the air filter first, then work on the gas thing end if not successful.

In the spring time it usually means gas in the carb is so old it won't
even burn.

--
Art