Old 06-06-2008, 12:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tony Tony is offline

Default Wisteria

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 5/6/08 14:36, in article , "Bertie
Doe"
wrote:

"Tony" wrote in message
I have just bought a Wisteria , its about 7ft tall and quite busy
Any advice on planting and after care would be most appreciated
I know I could look on the net but prefer tried and tested idea methods
Many thanks in advance

I planted mine in the corner at the back of the garage. I fixed 3 trellis
panels to each of the east and south facing walls of the garage. The
first 2
years, allow it to cover the target area. Tie were necessary and prune
where
it extends outside the t/area.

Dec 2009 prune back to 4 buds. Following month prune back to 2 buds. This
Winter pruning is essential for flower growth. Mines about 7 years old
now,
here's a pic taken a couple of weeks ago of spec 'Burford'
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/d...current=91beb4
2d.pbw

Bertie

We grow three on the lawn, tied to strong stakes and grown as 'trees'.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Sounds an interesting idea Sacha