Old 06-06-2008, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Elderflower cordial

On Jun 5, 11:59 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 5/6/08 14:04, in article ,

"Martin" wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 12:27:19 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 5/6/08 12:08, in article
, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

| My knowledge of chemistry is limited, but I have replaced citric acid
| in lemon juice in several recipes, very successfully.
|
| I never use citric acid, lemon juice is more than adequate. After all,
what
| is the acid in lemons?
|
| :-)

Not all citric :-)

No, but so what? In this recipe any acid could be used (if you know what
you're doing and understand acids). Lemons add flavour as well as acid(s).

Mary

In the recipe I give you use lemons *and* acid.

Skip the elder flowers and go straight to Limoncello.
You know it makes sense.

I think this may prove why your wife doesn't let you do much cooking! But
yes, working on the Limoncello idea with the help of our Meyer's lemon.
Another "round tuit".
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

I did wonder whether I should ask him to come with me to the cooking
course on Sunday, on seconds thoughts maybe not if he can't tell if
Limoncello is off :-)