Old 06-06-2008, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mogga Mogga is offline

Default Is anywhere in the UK slug & snail free?

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 11:07:12 +0100, "Pete Stockdale"
wrote:

"Mogga" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 22:13:55 +0100, JakeD
wrote:

Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK that is not teeming with slugs
& snails? Or are they ubiquitous in our British climate?

Thanks,

JD

There were none in my garden in Ardwick.

I did not know they had gardens in Ardwick!

I did have slugs in the first garden I had in Ardwick but I also had
gits falling from the flats above, vomit, cans of lager and allsorts
of other detritus.

My second garden was so overgrown when I got it I think the slugs had
all perished because there was nothing nice to eat. I never saw a
snail in either though.

Here over in Oldham though I have snails a plenty though and lots of
empty shells.

How about the sandier the soil the fewer the slugs and snails around as a
general rule ?

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com