Old 06-06-2008, 05:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
D Kat D Kat is offline

Default Killing frogs

"kathy" wrote in message

Barbarian!

18 year old boy - goes without saying!
(This morning, with his last five minutes, on the last day to
turn in books at school, he conducted a huge archaeological
dig of his room to find a mythology book - The Odyssey, which
seems fitting. Many interesting things came to light, odd food
mutations, dust bunnies with teeth, used towels that crawled
out under their own power.)

My 22 year old is home for a month after graduating college and before
finding an apartment closer to his new job. Your son's room sound pristine
compared to the house my son shared with 6 male friends. Made me think of
"Lord of the Flies" for some reason. I'm spending a lot of time outdoors
with my pond, fish and plants. I figure once he moves out I'll rent a bull
dozer. This is the same son who fried my koi. He has turned into a fine
cook, eating health food which is a 100 degree change from the junk food
eating teenager. I'm waiting for the next metamorphism - hoping it includes
a love of gardening and keeping a well organized and clean home... I might
as well dream big. Donna