Old 06-06-2008, 07:58 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Mower problems

Stubby said:

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message

But, I also have experienced the old gas thing while storing an automobile
for 6 months or longer at a time. A full tank helps keep the moisture
condensation problem down to a minimum. "Dry gas" additive should be used
if storing approaching a year. Not related to fuel, but important, always
disconnect the battery. Am guessing some this carries over to lawn
equipment with gasoline engines as well.

I agree. I've never had trouble starting my tractor, chainsaw or
stringtrimmer. I believe leaving the gas in the machines keeps the gaskets
and diaphragms flexible whereas running it try lets it get hard and crack.
Sometimes doing nothing is better than breaking things.

This, from the same dumbass that doesn't believe in changing the oil.
--

Eggs

- Reset Universe? (Y)es (N)o