Old 06-06-2008, 07:20 PM posted to sci.bio.botany,sci.chem
[email protected] plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com is offline

Default #1 new book: Chemistry: Complementarity of nitrogen between plantsand animals

Malcolm wrote:
(snipped)

Has anyone quantified the nitrogen that comes from animal intestine
versus vegetation
decomposition.

Grass cuttings contains up to twice as much nitrogen as horse manure,
2-4% compared to 1-2%. Some of the nitrogen in the vegetation eaten by a
horse is converted by its gut bacteria into protein.

--
Malcolm

I am not going to have time to expand this.

I wrote of this idea in the 1990s, the idea that there is
Complimentarity going on between
animals versus plants. Much like the Complimentarity that plants give
off oxygen and utilize
carbon dioxide whereas animals do the opposite. So there is a
Complimentarity going on here as
far as oxygen to carbon dioxide.

Now I reckoned in the 1990s that there is Complimentarity for plants
giving food to animals
but that animals do return the favor by giving food to plants in terms
of their waste and their
bodies in death.

The kind of answer I seek is not someone crudely estimating how much
nitrogen in a bale of
grass that decomposes versus the nitrogen of that bale of grass gone
through a horses
body. The kind of answer I really seek is to find out the actual
chemistry of where nitrogen
is formed on the bale of grass that decomposes versus the nitrogen on
the horse manure
of that bale of grass.

I rather doubt the accuracy of Malcolm's numbers " 2-4% compared to
1-2%" Those numbers
suggest that plants are better at fertilizing themselves than in the
prescence of animals. I have
mowed my fields for 5 years and never were they as lush and green and
vibrant as this year
after 1 year of horse grazing. I can tell exactly where last years
horse droppings were from
the lush green grass.

Maybe I am too narrow on the nitrogen and maybe there are other
nutrients as important as
nitrogen.

But what I want to know is this Complimentarity relationship of
exactly where in an
animal's body is nitrogen fixed to some molecules that end up as horse
manure.

I can easily trace how carbon dioxide is turned to oxygen by plants
and vice versa both
in process of Metabolism and in Photosynthesis, but, however
it seems as though noone has focused on how nitrogen via animals and
plants is a Complimentarity
relationship.

I should write a whole book on this when I return in August.

Call it the Chemistry: Plant & Animal Complimentarity of Nitrogen

I should compile my old posts of 1990s where I made this conjecture.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium