Old 07-06-2008, 03:48 AM
Charlottea1 Charlottea1 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottea1 View Post
Hi, I believe they are called walking palms and their common name is Chonta... we were staying on the Osa Peninsula and the dog at our lodge was called Chonta after the trees. Hope this helps!
PS, Our guide told us that the trees move towards the light by growing more roots on the side of the tree nearest the sun or something and gradually uprooting... a very slow process but the ones we saw definitely looked like they were on the move!