Old 07-06-2008, 03:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Jeffrey L. Kline Jeffrey L. Kline is offline

Default rugosas refuse to bloom!

I have a half dozen verities of hybrid Rugosa, including, 'Thérèse Bugnet',
which is very similar to delicata, and they seem to bloom just fine. Are
you feeding them and if so, does it have enough phosphorus? They grow in
all types of soil for me , so I don't think that's your problem.
I agree with Martin, if you have hips, you've had some kind of bloom. Are
you saying you see no buds at all?

Jeff, Southeast Michigan, Zone 5

"Mr_Markham" wrote in message
I have had rugosa roses in the backyard for two years now, and they
have not yet bloomed! Hips on one (delicata) but that was it. Does
anyone know what is up? the soil is 3/4 regular dirt, 1/4 sandy soil.
PS No, I don't think it's deer! ;-)