Old 07-06-2008, 04:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
tenman tenman is offline

Default Bletilla striata albescens

Also now blooming in the front yard, near the cyps which are still
refusing to bloom. Thought this was alba but Warren Stoutamire corrected
me on that two years ago when I was visiting his GH and admiring his
wonderful large-flowered sunset-toned pastel bletilla hybrids. He noted
that the true alba form wasn't quite cold-hardy enough to grow in our
zone and that if I looked very closely at my flowers I would see the
barest bit of pink or lavender somewhere. Sure enough, the top of the
column has a pale, pale pinkish blush. Three bulbs of this were a gift
from a friend about four years ago and it is doing well, not spreading
as fast as the lavender form but it is getting larger every year.

Attached Thumbnails
Bletilla striata albescens-bletillastriataalbescenstwo.jpg